Programs Intern, Bay Area
CollegeSpring is hiring an intern for its Bay Area region that will report to the Programs Associate and serve as a member of the regional team.
See below for the full job description. When you are ready to apply, proceed to our online application form using the button below.Apply Now
CollegeSpring is a national non-profit organization that equips low-income students with the academic skills and mentoring they need to close the SAT, ACT, and college opportunity gaps. Since 2008, we have served more than 15,000 students in the San Francisco Bay Area, Southern California, and New York, helping them achieve increased test scores, acceptances into better-matched, moreselective colleges, higher persistence rates and greater opportunities for future success.
About the Opportunity
CollegeSpring is hiring an intern for the Bay Area region that will report to the Programs Associate and serve as a member of the regional team. If you want direct experience working for one of California’s fastest growing social enterprises, or if you’re curious about what education work looks like outside school walls, this internship is perfect for you!
- Prepare diagnostic exams to be graded by Regional Team
- Maintain accurate student records in Salesforce and on respective Google Docs
- Grade diagnostic test essays as needed [training will be provided]
- Prepare data reports to be disseminated to partners
- Prepare training materials for Mentor and Instructor trainings
- Data entry
- Other duties as needed
- Passion to play a key role in a rapidly growing social enterprise.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Self-starter who is willing to take initiative.
- Team player who is always willing to pitch in where needed.
- Enjoys spending time in an office environment.
- Attention to detail.
- Proficient in basic computer skills (e.g. Microsoft Office suite, Google docs, Internet research)
- Experience with Salesforce preferred but not required.
Interns will commit 10-15 hours per week during the Fall Semester, with an option to extend into the Spring.
Pay is $13.00/hour with a possible increase for undergraduates who have worked for CollegeSpring before.
Submit resume and thoughtful cover letter to Natasha Blackadar by Tuesday, September 5th, 2017 through our online application form. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Applications will only be considered if received through the CollegeSpring website. Please, no phone or email inquiries.
CollegeSpring is committed to equal employment opportunity, including decisions regarding employment, for all qualified individuals without regard to race, creed, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, special disabled veteran or Vietnam Era Veteran status or other protected status. CollegeSpring is also committed to creating a diverse, open workplace, and we encourage applicants who are members of one or more protected categories.