Location: Los Angeles, CA
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
Campus Recruiters are responsible for identifying mentor candidates, recruiting applicants, and gathering applications from a strong pool of talented undergraduate students. CRs represent CollegeSpring’s mission and values at all times when engaging in recruitment efforts.
- Be the liaison between campus departments and CollegeSpring to drive recruitment of Mentors.
- Utilize campus resources to identify undergraduates who believe in CollegeSpring’s mission and are high-quality applicants.
- Keep track of mentor recruitment in CollegeSpring’s Recruitment Google Doc.
- With support from CollegeSpring staff, develop an effective recruitment strategy including, but not limited to:
- Sending emails to campus departments, clubs, or individuals
- Posting position on Social Media platforms
- Visiting campus career center and departments to build mentor job awareness
- Tabling, handing out flyers, and posting flyers
- Coordinating and leading Information sessions and class presentations
- Assist with applicant screening, interviewing and onboarding process during the months of October, November and December.
- Participant in weekly check-in with Supervisor/Manager.
- Garner at least 30 high quality applicants from your school campus (application goals can vary by site).
Strong candidates for the CR position will possess the following skills and characteristics:
- Typical commitment ranges from 3-5 hours/week, for 10-17 weeks depending on location
- Concentrated availability during October- January (term could end in December depending on site)
- Commitment to CollegeSpring’s mission and values
- Strong organization and time-management skills
- Enjoy interacting with people and establishing networks
- Familiarity with academic departments, student organizations, etc. that would result in strong mentor applicants
- Creativity and effective communication skills
- Students who are first in their families to attend college and have familiarity with the student population CollegeSpring serves are strongly encouraged to apply
- $13.25/ hour
- With a potential bonus opportunity based on mentors hired
To apply, complete the following application. If you have any questions, please contact Nia Hill-Perry, CollegeSpring’s Southern California Talent Coordinator, at [email protected]