CollegeSpring is currently hiring Campus Recruiters for our academic-year programs Los Angeles and New York. See below for the full job description. When you are ready to apply, navigate to our online application using the button below.Apply Now
CollegeSpring is a national non-profit organization that equips low-income students with the academic skills and mentoring they need to close the SAT, ACT, and college opportunity gaps. Since 2008, we have served more than 19,000 students in the San Francisco Bay Area, Southern California, and New York, helping them achieve increased test scores, acceptances into better-matched, more-selective colleges, higher persistence rates, and greater opportunities for future success. For more information, visit www.collegespring.org.
About the Opportunity
Campus Recruiters are responsible for identifying mentor candidates, recruiting applicants, and gathering applications from a strong pool of talented undergraduate students. CRs represent CollegeSpring’s mission and values at all times when engaging in recruitment efforts.
- Keep track of mentor recruitment in CollegeSpring’s recruitment Google Doc
- Develop, with support from CollegeSpring staff, an effective recruitment strategy including, but not limited to:
- Sending emails to campus departments, clubs, or individuals
- Posting position on Social Media platforms
- Visiting campus career center and departments to build mentor job awareness
- Tabling, handing out flyers, and posting flyers
- Coordinating and leading Information sessions and class presentations
- Utilizing campus resources to access undergraduates who believe in CollegeSpring’s mission and will make high-quality applicants
- Liaison between campus departments and CollegeSpring
- Holding a fall position as a Residential Assistant (RA) for your campus is a plus
- Weekly check-in with Supervisor/Manager
- Assist in application screening, interviewing and onboarding process during the months of October, November and December
- Garner at least 30 high quality applicants from your school campus (application goals can vary by site)
Strong candidates for the CR position will possess the following skills and characteristics:
- Typical commitment ranges from 3-5 hours/week, for 10-17 weeks depending on location
- Concentrated availability during October- January (term could end in December depending on site)
- Commitment to CollegeSpring’s mission and values
- Strong organization and time-management skills
- Enjoy interacting with people and establishing networks
- Familiarity with academic departments, student organizations, etc. that would result in strong mentor applicants
- Creativity and effective communication skills
- Students who are first in their families to attend college and have familiarity with the student population CollegeSpring serves are strongly encouraged to apply
$12/ hour, with additional bonus opportunities based on mentors hired
Submit resume through our online application form. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Applications will only be considered if received through the CollegeSpring website. Please, no phone inquiries.
CollegeSpring is committed to equal employment opportunity, including decisions regarding employment, for all qualified individuals without regard to race, creed, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, special disabled veteran or Vietnam Era Veteran status or other protected status. CollegeSpring is also committed to creating a diverse, open workplace, and we encourage applicants who are members of one or more protected categories.