Curriculum & Training Manager
Location: Oakland, New York, or Los Angeles
CollegeSpring is hiring a Curriculum & Training Manager. See below for the job description. When you’re ready to apply, visit the application by clicking this button:Apply Here
The primary focus of the Curriculum & Training Manager is to design and develop high quality learning materials, experiences and instructional resources to support internal staff, teachers, mentors and students. This position ensures training and learning needs are addressed in accordance with the CollegeSpring strategy through the development and deployment of performance-enabling instructional and informational content. The position reports to the Director of Curriculum & Training, is an integral part of the Programs & Impact team, and works collaboratively with national and regional programs teams.
WHAT YOU’LL DO (RESPONSIBILITIES)
- Manage curriculum and training materials for CollegeSpring programs.
- Develop and revise curriculum materials to include differentiation strategies, student engagement and researched best practices to meet program needs.
- Create a portfolio of online curriculum resources for instructors and mentors, improving the scope and sequence to meet the needs of our diverse student population.
- Create curriculum and program implementation materials such as sample program pacing guides and lesson planning templates.
- Project manage curriculum materials, including editing and proofreading program handbooks, supplementary materials and internal training sessions for national level programs.
- Research and stay current on SAT, ACT and college access and success trends and topics.
- Manage one or more curriculum contractors as needed.
- Develop and revise trainings to include in-person and virtual options and use program, student and stakeholder data to inform the creation of training modules for programs teams and instructors.
- Collaborate with the Director of Curriculum & Training to develop an internal coaching program.
- Collaborate with the Director of Curriculum & Training to design and facilitate internal professional development sessions on the SAT, ACT and other educational topics to support regional Programs Team members.
- Assist in keeping the Programs Team informed about updates to training materials, adapting communication to meet audience needs.
- Create training implementation materials such as presentation best practices and training checklists.
Other duties as needed.
YOU’LL BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS ROLE IF YOU HAVE (QUALIFICATIONS)
- A strong commitment to CollegeSpring’s mission, vision, and strategic direction, including a strong belief in the importance of diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Bachelor’s degree in Education or related field required; Masters preferred.
- 5+ years of experience in content/curriculum/training development and/or classroom teaching experience in an educational environment serving low-income, first generation college-bound students.
- Preference if you’ve been an instructional coach or have done peer coaching across your school
- Strong project management skills (ex setting objectives, web research and meeting project deadlines).
- Excellent writing, editing, communication and presentation skills.
- Careful attention to detail.
- Knowledge of differentiation and educational technology.
- Expertise in high school math, SAT prep, ACT prep and/or college readiness, preferred.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite, Adobe InDeisgn and WordPress and ability to learn new applications.
OTHER THINGS TO KNOW
There may also be occasional evening and weekend work.
Physical requirements are those of a typical office environment. Occasional need to lift boxes of curriculum-related material.