Location: Richmond, CA
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
CollegeSpring is hiring SAT Instructors for part-time positions in Richmond. We are searching for dynamic educators to join our team and become part of our hard-working, fun and collegial team. You will have the opportunity to partake in professional and career development, and have fun while working to make college a reality for our high schools students, many of whom will be the first in their families to go to college. This position requires a part-time commitment for the duration of the program.
- 3+ years working in education
WHAT YOU’LL DO (Responsibilities)
- Be available to teach after school for the academic year starting in September 2018, and available to attend a pre-service training. Classes will be held Wednesdays and Thursdays 2:30 – 4:30 pm.
- Lead a group of approximately 30 students in SAT Writing, Critical Reading, and Math instruction. Some schools may also require College Readiness Content.
- Prepare lessons and activities to deliver CollegeSpring curriculum.
- Assist in proctoring practice exams. Some sites may require full proctoring from instructor.
- Use data provided by CollegeSpring Programs Managers to help students identify areas of growth as it relates to their SAT performance.
- Act as a role model for CollegeSpring‘s high school students.
- Serve as a liaison between the CollegeSpring program and the host school.
You’ll be successful in this role if you have
- Belief that all students are capable of success on the SAT, ACT and gaining admission to college.
- Ability to explain concepts and processes in different ways to ensure student understanding.
- Strong organizational and time-management skills.
- Effective communication skills, written and verbal
- Previous SAT or ACT prep experience is not required.
- Comfortable teaching both math and English subjects.
Additional Requirements: This position requires a successful criminal background check and TB test.
- Instructors are paid $25/hour, including training.
- Instructors are compensated for teaching time, plus 2 hours of weekly preparation time.