Location: Santa Ana, CA
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
We are searching for a dynamic educator who will join our team as an Instructor in Orange County. Instructors are at the front lines of our program and work in the classroom providing direct instruction to high school juniors. They guide students through the SAT Reasoning exam and the college admissions process, and build students’ confidence and motivation.
Staff will have the opportunity to partake in professional and career development and have fun while working to make college a reality for our high schools students, many of whom will be the first in their families to go to college. The CollegeSpring position requires a part-time commitment for the duration of the program. Instructors must have teaching/tutoring experience or hold a valid California teaching credential.
Nicholas Academic Centers
Time: Tuesdays thru Thursdays 4-7:30pm and Fridays 4-5:45 pm
Location: Various School Sites in Santa Ana
The Summer Instructor is at the front lines of our summer program. For three weeks, they work in the classroom providing direct instruction to rising high school seniors. The Summer Instructor guides students through the SAT Reasoning exam and the college admissions process, and build students’ confidence and motivation. The Summer Instructor must have full-time teaching experience and hold a valid California teaching credential.
- Lead groups of approximately 30 students (195 total) each in SAT Writing, Critical Reading, and Math instruction.
- Prepare lessons and activities to deliver CollegeSpring curriculum.
- Assist in proctoring and grading practice exams.
- Use student data to improve students’ SAT Reasoning scores.
- Act as a role model for CollegeSpring‘s high school students.
- Must be available for full-year of programming (September-May) and one day of training.
- Must pass criminal background check and TB test.
QUALITIES OF SUCCESSFUL COLLEGESPRING STAFF MEMBERS
- Belief that all students are capable of success on the SAT and gaining admission to college.
- Ability to explain concepts and processes in different ways to ensure student understanding.
- Strong organizational and time-management skills.
- Enjoy meeting new people and making meaningful connections.
- Effective communication skills.
- Previous SAT prep experience is not required.
Staff will be paid $15-25/hour based on previous experience and credentials.