New York Instructor
We are searching for dynamic educators who will join our New York team as Academic Year Instructors.
See below for the full job description. When you are ready to apply, click the button below:New York Application
CollegeSpring helps high-school students from low-income backgrounds boost their SAT scores, tackle the college admissions and financial aid processes, and confidently pursue college degrees. Since 2008, we have helped more than 10,000 students in the Bay Area, Los Angeles, and New York realize their potential.
About the Opportunity
We are searching for dynamic educators who will join our team as Instructors and become a part of our hard-working, fun, and collegial team. Staff will have the opportunity to partake in professional and career development, and have fun while working to make college a reality for our high schools students, many of whom will be the first in their families to go to college. It is preferred that Instructors have full-time teaching experience and hold a valid New York teaching credential.
- Be available to teach Tuesdays and/or Thursdays from 4:30-6:30pm with the occasional availability to work Thursdays until 8:30pm to proctor an exam.
- Lead a group of approximately 30 students each in SAT Writing, Critical Reading, and Math instruction.
- Help students navigate the college admissions process (covering topics such as understanding types of schools, finding the “right fit,” accessing financial aid, etc.).
- Prepare lessons and activities to deliver CollegeSpring curriculum.
- Assist in proctoring and grading practice exams.
- Share student data to improve students’ SAT Reasoning scores.
- Act as a role model for CollegeSpring‘s high school students.
- Serve as a liaison between the CollegeSpring program and the host school.
- Must be available for seven weeks of programming and 2 hours of training.
- Must pass criminal background check and TB test.
Qualities of Successful CollegeSpring Staff Members
Staff should also have:
- Belief that all students are capable of success on the SAT and gaining admission to college.
- Ability to explain concepts and processes in different ways to ensure student understanding.
- Strong organization and time-management skills.
- Enjoy meeting new people and making meaningful connections.
- Effective communication skills.
- Previous SAT prep experience is not required.
Compensation [For Instructors Hired Directly by CollegeSpring]
- Instructors will be paid $25/hour
- Instructors will be compensated for the time they spend teaching, and 2 hours of additional weekly preparation time
Contact Allyson Cook, New York Programs Director:
CollegeSpring is committed to equal employment opportunity, including decisions regarding employment, for all qualified individuals without regard to race, creed, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, special disabled veteran or Vietnam Era Veteran status or other protected status. CollegeSpring is also committed to creating a diverse, open workplace, and we encourage applicants who are members of one or more protected categories.