Operations Coordinator, New York
CollegeSpring is hiring an Operations Coordinator for our New York region.
See below for a full job description. When you are ready to apply, click the button below.Apply Now
CollegeSpring is a national non-profit organization that equips low-income students with the academic skills and mentoring they need to close the SAT, ACT, and college opportunity gaps. Since 2008, we have served more than 19,000 students in the San Francisco Bay Area, Southern California, and New York, helping them achieve increased test scores, acceptances into better-matched, more-selective colleges, higher persistence rates, and greater opportunities for future success.
About the Opportunity
The Operations Coordinator will provide operational and logistical support operations for the New York regional team. This position reports to the New York Executive Director and works closely with regional programs staff and Operations.
CollegeSpring’s New York program launched in 2014 and is currently serving more than 1,000 students, and anticipates continued growth for 2017-18. This position maximizes organizational efficiencies so that CollegeSpring can achieve its mission and objectives. This is a generalist function with broad responsibility in program operations, partnerships, talent development, accounting operations, logistics, and recruitment.
This is a part-time role that will average approximately 25 hours per week.
New York Program Operations – 30%
- Manage fee for service contracts and invoices from partners, building out processes for streamlined tracking and payment.
- Coordinate material creation, distribution, collection, and inventory including but not limited to: pacing guides, training materials, national and regional curriculum, recruiting materials.
- Mentor training – Prepare all materials and logistics for training, including regional changes to Powerpoint presentations, location set up, food orders, supporting HR logistics and details
- Create and distribute standardized program communications.
Data Support- 20%
- Assist in full grading process of diagnostic testing, including: distributing essays to graders, checking and scanning Scantron sheets, grading with computer-based software, uploading to Salesforce, and reporting on all diagnostic tests.
- Create and maintain Salesforce records for all partners and their students, school-site/seasonal staff.
Administration – 50%
- Coordinate all seasonal staffing efforts:
- College Mentors – Set up & attend job fairs, set up interviews, send rejection/acceptance emails, coordinate onboarding; build and implement retention strategies, manage payroll and timesheets
- Interns – Recruit, train, assign meaningful + manageable workloads, provide useful training and skills
- Essay graders – Recruit, assign workloads, manage payment, regular communication; work in close partnership with programs team members, who will train graders
- Regional Board Support – coordinate logistics for regional board meetings as needed, in addition to board member and donor site visits.
- Other duties as assigned
- Passion for the mission of CollegeSpring and belief that a focused intervention (SAT score improvement and near-peer mentoring) at a critical point in a student’s life can change that student’s trajectory
- Previous experience in an operations-focused role strongly preferred
- Strong attention to detail and ability to prioritize multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously
- Experience in calendaring and scheduling
- Experience with travel logistics preferred
- Experience in handling a wide range of administrative and project related support and
able to work independently with minimal guidance
- Organized, precise, with timely follow-through
- Strong written, communication and interpersonal skills, innovative and creative thinking and the ability to engage with stakeholders across the organization at all levels
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office including Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Experience with Google Drive, Salesforce, Dropbox, and ADP/Zenefits (or equivalent HRIS platforms) preferred
- Ability to work proactively in a fast paced, dynamic, entrepreneurial environment
- A commitment to diversity, cultural relevancy and inclusion
- Entrepreneurial spirit with a desire to work with an ambitious team in a rapidly changing environment
Salary depends on experience. Position will be part-time, non-exempt, hourly and will generally be scheduled for 25 hours/week, and will be based out of CollegeSpring’s New York office at 55 Exchange Place, NY. Generous benefits package including health, dental, vision, life, disability, FSA, commuter, 403(b) retirement plan, and vacation/sick leave.
Submit resume and thoughtful cover letter to Russell Langsam, Executive Director, through our online application. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Applications will only be considered if received through the CollegeSpring website. Please, no phone or email inquiries.
CollegeSpring is committed to equal employment opportunity, including decisions regarding employment, for all qualified individuals without regard to race, creed, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, special disabled veteran or Vietnam Era Veteran status or other protected status. CollegeSpring is also committed to creating a diverse, open workplace, and we encourage applicants who are members of one or more protected categories.