Programs Director – Los Angeles, CA
CollegeSpring is hiring a Programs Director to serve as the primary programmatic leader for our Southern California region. The Programs Director will lead the regional programs team by managing Programs Managers in support of a portfolio of CollegeSpring program sites.
See below for a full job description. When you are ready to apply, click the button below.Apply Now
CollegeSpring is a national non-profit organization that equips low-income students with the academic skills and mentoring they need to close the SAT, ACT, and college opportunity gaps. Since 2008, we have served more than 19,000 students in the San Francisco Bay Area, Southern California, and New York, helping them achieve increased test scores, acceptances into better-matched, more-selective colleges, higher persistence rates, and greater opportunities for future success.
About the Opportunity
CollegeSpring is hiring a Programs Director for Los Angeles. This position will report to the Los Angeles Executive Director and serve as the primary programmatic leader for the region. The Programs Director will lead the regional programs team by managing Programs Managers in support of a portfolio of CollegeSpring program sites. Along with the regional Executive Director and other regional staff members, the Programs Director will ensure high levels of program quality and fidelity, steward and retain current partners, and support the Executive Director in developing new partnerships. The Programs Director will represent CollegeSpring to external stakeholders, including principals, teachers, mentors, and students. The Programs Director will be responsible for the operational success of Los Angeles, ensuring the region achieves its goals related to student service and impact.
- Work with the Strategy & Impact team to identify ways to improve training, oversee successful preparation and implementation of training, and model presentation best practices by leading sessions
- Oversee and ensure the region meets mentor recruitment goals
- Lead regional team of Programs Managers and other regional staff; develop a strong collaborative team dynamic focused on student success and partner satisfaction.
- Provide high-quality management support to direct reports, including guiding through performance management process, professional development, ongoing coaching and support.
- Collaborate with Executive Director on efforts to steward, retain, cultivate, and establish new and existing program partnerships with schools and community-based organizations, with a goal of increasing the number of students served each year.
- Ensure that program implementation at regional sites is high quality and adheres to CollegeSpring’s model with fidelity; troubleshoot and provide support with implementation challenges; develop deep knowledge of SAT/ACT exams, college admissions process, and CollegeSpring’s model, curriculum, and systems.
- Monitor program data on an ongoing basis; use data to measure program progress and make necessary adjustments to increase student outcomes; train and support regional programs staff to analyze data; monitor the collection of data as determined by headquarters and region.
- Collaborate with National Strategy & Impact Team to ensure successful implementation of program model in the region, train and support regional programs staff, share best practices across the organization, and pilot and evaluate new initiatives and activities.
- Develop and maintain strong partner relationships in order to foster increased collaboration resulting in high student outcomes and high partner retention rates; work closely with regional Executive Director in the partnership development process; build network of education professionals in order to maintain a robust pipeline of future partners; cultivate deep understanding of regional education landscape.
- Directly manage limited number of program sites, potentially including off-model and pilot sites.
- Other duties to support the smooth operations of the region including recruitment, fundraising, board management, assisting the ED with budget creation/management, and communications/marketing.
Position requires approximately 50% local travel.
- A strong commitment to CollegeSpring’s mission, vision, and strategic direction, including a strong belief in the importance of diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Bachelor’s degree required; advanced degree preferred.
- 5-7 years of experience with 2+ of those years in a team management role; experience working in education, youth development, or college access required.
- Knowledge of the Los Angeles area public and charter school systems and rapport in the educational community strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated success building and negotiating partnership agreements; experience with fee-based partnerships a plus.
- Strong customer service approach and commitment to “Every Interaction Matters.”
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, including ability to speak publicly, facilitate presentations, and manage relationships with diverse stakeholders.
- Demonstrated success developing, implementing, and evaluating program models.
- Ability to analyze and interpret program performance data and make data-driven adjustments to maximize impact.
- Strong project management skills managing complex, multifaceted projects resulting in measurable successes and program growth.
- Collaborative and innovative leadership style; proven ability to inspire, coach, and manage full time staff to high performance.
- Flexible and adaptive work style, with the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, growth-oriented, and results-driven environment; ability to prioritize among competing demands.
- Working knowledge of office productivity software (MS Office Suite, Google products) required; experience with Salesforce CRM preferred; proficiency with Excel/other data analysis tools preferred.
Salary depends on experience. Generous benefits package including health, dental, vision, life, disability, FSA, commuter, 403(b) retirement plan, and vacation/sick leave.
Submit resume and thoughtful cover letter to Krystal O’Leary, Executive Director, through our online application. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Applications will only be considered if received through the CollegeSpring website. Please, no phone or email inquiries.
CollegeSpring is committed to equal employment opportunity, including decisions regarding employment, for all qualified individuals without regard to race, creed, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, special disabled veteran or Vietnam Era Veteran status or other protected status. CollegeSpring is also committed to creating a diverse, open workplace, and we encourage applicants who are members of one or more protected categories.