Location: Oakland, CA
This position reports to the Programs Director and serves as a member of the regional team. The Programs Manager (PM) will support a portfolio of CollegeSpring program partners and will be the primary CollegeSpring liaison to administrators, teachers, mentors, and students within the portfolio. The Programs Manager will manage all aspects of program delivery, including: implementation, troubleshooting and monitoring program quality and fidelity; conducting site visits to provide coaching and feedback, managing relationships with stakeholders, training and managing site-based staff; logistics, data collection, entry, and analysis. The Programs Manager will be responsible for ensuring the portfolio sites achieve goals related to student service and impact.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Manage a portfolio of program partners; ensure that program implementation is high quality and adheres to CollegeSpring’s model with fidelity; develop deep knowledge of SAT/ACT exams, college admissions process, and CollegeSpring’s model, curriculum, and systems.
- Monitor and disseminate program data on an ongoing basis; use data to measure program progress and make necessary adjustments, or provide additional resources, to increase student outcomes.
- Develop and maintain strong partner relationships to foster increased collaboration, high student outcomes and partner retention rates; conduct quarterly meetings with school administration to discuss logistics, data, curriculum, and best practices.
- On occasion, oversee the implementation or pilot of a new program.
- Recruit, hire, train, manage and support a site coordinator and essay grader for each partner site, when required by program or school.
- Train instructors and mentors pre-program and throughout the program cycle.
- Regularly conduct program observations to identify strengths and challenges at each portfolio site.
- Regularly coach and provide feedback to instructors and mentors.
- Establish self as credible and knowledgeable expert with regard to CollegeSpring program and content and SAT and ACT college entrance exams.
- Motivate and build buy-in for CollegeSpring with program stakeholders.
- Evaluate program with instructors and make adjustments as needed to make improvements for students.
Mentor management and recruitment
- Recruit, assess and hire a cohort of college students who serve as near-peer, small-group mentors to our program partners.
- Onboard mentors, ensuring compliance with human resource and education code requirements.
- Develop and facilitate multiple sessions during mentor trainings.
- Manage mentor performance to ensure mentor and partner satisfaction.
- Partner with local programs team and national Program and Impact team to ensure successful implementation of program model in the region, share best practices across the organization, pilot and evaluate new initiatives and activities.
- Other duties to support the smooth operations of the region including recruitment, fundraising, budgeting, and communications/marketing.
YOU’LL BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS ROLE IF YOU HAVE:
- A strong commitment to CollegeSpring’s mission, vision, and strategic direction, including a strong belief in the importance of diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Bachelor’s degree required; advanced degree in education or related field a plus.
- 3-5 years of experience working in education, youth development, or college access.
- Knowledge of area schools (traditional public and charter school systems) and established presence with the educational community preferred.
- Knowledge of differentiated instructional strategies and ability to coach teachers and mentors to drive student outcomes.
- Ability to communicate clearly both verbally and in writing, speak publicly, facilitate presentations, and strong interpersonal skills to manage relationships with diverse stakeholders.
- Analytical skills to interpret program and performance data and make data-driven adjustments to maximize impact.
- Demonstrate an ability to effectively manage time, balance multiple competing priorities and remain adaptable, flexible and positive while navigating challenges. Anticipate challenges and proactively address them.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented.
- Working knowledge of MS Office Suite, Google products; experience with Salesforce CRM and/or student information databases; proficiency with Excel/other data analysis tools preferred.
OTHER THINGS TO KNOW
This position travels regularly to school sites in the region.
There may also be occasional evening and weekend work.
Physical requirements are those of a typical office environment. Occasional need to lift and transport boxes of curriculum-related material.