Programs Manager (LA)
Location: Los Angeles, CA
CollegeSpring is hiring a program manager for our Southern California office. See below for the job description. When you’re ready to apply, visit the application by clicking this button:Apply Here
This position report to the Programs Director and serves as a member of the regional team. The Programs Manager will support a portfolio of CollegeSpring program sites and will be the primary CollegeSpring liaison to administrators, teachers, mentors, and students within the portfolio. The Programs Manager will manage all aspects of program delivery, including: logistics, implementation and troubleshooting, ensuring program quality and fidelity, conducting site visits, managing relationships with school stakeholders, training and managing site-based staff, and data collection, entry, and analysis. The Programs Manager will be responsible for ensuring the portfolio sites achieve goals related to student service and impact.
- Portfolio Management
- Manage a portfolio of program sites; ensure that program implementation is high quality and adheres to CollegeSpring’s model with fidelity; troubleshoot implementation challenges; develop deep knowledge of SAT/ACT exams, college admissions process, and CollegeSpring’s model, curriculum, and systems.
- Monitor and disseminate program data on an ongoing basis; use data to measure program progress and make necessary adjustments, or provide additional resources, to increase student outcomes.
- Develop and maintain strong partner relationships to foster increased collaboration, high student outcomes and partner retention rates; conduct quarterly meetings with school administration to discuss logistics, data, curriculum, and best practices.
- On occasion, oversee the implementation or pilot of a new program.
- Recruit, hire, train, manage and support a site coordinator and essay grader for each partner site, when required by program or school.
- Mentor Management and recruitment
- Recruit and hire a portfolio of college students who serve as near-peer, small-group mentors to our Full program model.
- Onboard mentors, ensuring compliance with HR and education code requirements.
- Facilitate multiple sessions during mentor trainings.
- Manage mentors to ensure mentor and partner satisfaction.
- Instructional Support
- Train instructors and mentors pre-program and at intervals throughout the program cycle.
- Conduct program observations to identify strengths and challenges at each portfolio site; coach and provide feedback to instructors and mentors; connect instructors and mentors to curriculum and other resources based on trends observed on-site and in data.
- Establish self as credible and knowledgeable expert with regard to CollegeSpring program and content and SAT and ACT college entrance exams.
- Motivate and build buy-in for CollegeSpring with program stakeholders.
- Evaluate program with instructors and make adjustments as needed to make improvements for students.
- Provide feedback to the National Programs & Impact Team to ensure successful implementation of program model in the region, share best practices across the organization, and pilot and evaluate new initiatives and activities.
- Other duties to support the smooth operations of the region including recruitment, fundraising, budgeting, and communications/marketing.
- Position requires approximately 50-60% local travel. Candidate must have a reliable mode of transportation.
- Must be able to occasionally lift boxes up to 30 lbs. Occasional weekend responsibilities.
- Bachelor’s degree required; advanced degree in education or related field a plus.
- 3-5 years of experience working in education, youth development, or college access.
- Knowledge of area schools (traditional public and charter school systems) and established presence with the educational community preferred.
- Knowledge of differentiated instructional strategies and ability to coach teachers and mentors to drive student outcomes.
- Solutions-oriented customer service approach and commitment to “Every Interaction Matters.”
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, ability to speak publicly, facilitate presentations, and manage relationships with diverse stakeholders.
- Ability to analyze and interpret program performance data and make data-driven adjustments to maximize impact.
- Strong project management skills managing complex, multifaceted projects resulting in measurable successes and program growth.
- Highly organized, detail-oriented and adept at using tools to capture institutional memory.
- Flexible and adaptive work style, ability to thrive in a fast-paced, growth-oriented, and results-driven environment; ability to prioritize among competing demands.
- Working knowledge of MS Office Suite, Google products; experience with Salesforce CRM and/or student information databases; proficiency with Excel/other data analysis tools preferred.
- A strong commitment to CollegeSpring’s mission, vision, and strategic direction, including a strong belief in the importance of diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Strong writing skills, ability to triage email and respond to multiple partners looking for an immediate reply.