Bay Area Instructor
We are searching for dynamic educators who will join our team as Instructors in the San Francisco Bay Area. Instructors must have full-time teaching experience and hold a valid California teaching credential. Highly recommended current undergraduate students may also be accepted as an Instructor.
Check out the full job description below. When you’re ready to apply, continue onward to our online application:SF Bay Area Application
CollegeSpring equips high-school students from low-income backgrounds to boost their SAT scores, tackle the college admissions and financial aid processes, and confidently pursue college degrees. Since 2008, we have helped more than 10,000 students in the Bay Area, Los Angeles, and New York realize their potential.
About the Opportunity
We are searching for dynamic educators who will join our team as Instructors in the Bay Area and become a part of our hard-working, fun, and collegial team.
Staff will have the opportunity to partake in professional and career development, and have fun while working to make college a reality for our high schools students, many of whom will be the first in their families to go to college.
Instructors must have full-time teaching experience and hold a valid California (for Bay Area and Los Angeles sites) or New York (for New York sites) teaching credential. Extensive teaching experience without a teaching credential may be appropriate for this position.
- Lead a group of approximately 30 students in SAT Writing, Critical Reading, and Math instruction.
- Help students navigate the college admissions process (covering topics such as understanding types of schools, finding the “right fit,” accessing financial aid, etc.).
- Prepare lessons and activities to deliver CollegeSpring curriculum.
- Proctor diagnostic exams
- Analyze student data to improve students’ SAT Reasoning scores.
- Act as a role model for CollegeSpring‘s high school students.
- Serve as a liaison between the CollegeSpring program and the host school.
- Must be available for all programming days (programs may be semester long or year long) and 2 hours of training.
- Must pass criminal background check and TB test.
Qualities of Successful CollegeSpring Staff Members
Staff should have:
- Belief that all students are capable of success on the SAT and gaining admission to college.
- Ability to explain SAT concepts and processes in creative ways to ensure student understanding.
- Strong organization and time-management skills.
- Enjoy meeting new people and making meaningful connections.
- Effective communication skills.
- Previous SAT prep experience is not required.
- Instructors will be paid $25/hour, including 2-3 hours of training.
- Instructors will be compensated for the time they spend teaching, and 2 hours of additional weekly preparation time (times will vary depending on the site but generally are afterschool and/or on Saturdays)
CollegeSpring is committed to equal employment opportunity, including decisions regarding employment, for all qualified individuals without regard to race, creed, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, special disabled veteran or Vietnam Era Veteran status or other protected status. CollegeSpring is also committed to creating a diverse, open workplace, and we encourage applicants who are members of one or more protected categories.