Location: Los Angeles, CA
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
Campus Recruiters (CRs) are responsible for identifying mentor candidates, recruiting applicants, and gathering applications from a strong pool of talented undergraduate students. CRs act as CollegeSpring representatives and must model CollegeSpring’s mission and values when engaging in recruitment efforts. Locations needed: Cal State Dominguez Hills, UCLA, and Loyola Marymount University.
- Track Mentor prospects and recruitment activities.
- Complete a weekly check-in with Supervisor/Manager
- Develop and execute, with support from CollegeSpring staff, an effective recruitment strategy including, but not limited to:
- Tabling, handing out flyers, and posting flyers
- Sending emails to campus departments, clubs, or individuals
- Posting position on Social Media platforms
- Visiting campus career center and departments to build mentor job awareness
- Coordinating Information sessions and class presentations
- Utilizing campus resources to identify applicants
- Liaising between campus departments and CollegeSpring
- Assist in screening applications, scheduling interviews and onboarding process during the months of October, November and December
- Garner at least 20-30 high quality applicants from your school campus (application goals can vary by site). High quality applicants are students who advance past the interview stage.
- You possess a strong presence and level of comfort engaging with potential candidates
- Familiarity and ability to build strong relationships with academic departments and student organizations that would result in strong mentor applicants
- Detail-oriented and results-driven; impeccable attention to grammar, proofreading, fact-checking, and accurate data representation
- Strong organization and time-management skills
- Passion for the mission of CollegeSpring and belief that a focused intervention at a critical point in a student’s life can change that student’s college-going trajectory.
- Commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion as guiding principles in the workplace.
- Self-starter; takes initiative to anticipate needs and design solutions. Proactively asks for feedback when necessary.
- Understanding that rejection is a part of the recruitment process
- $15/hour (or higher depending on local minimum wage).
- Typical commitment ranges from 3-5 hours/week, for 10-17 weeks depending on location (August-December)
- Additional bonus possible based on mentors hired