Overview of Role
CollegeSpring is hiring for a new role on our Programs and Impact team. The Data and Evaluation Manager will provide leadership and day-to-day oversight for all data, student data systems, performance management, and evaluation activities at CollegeSpring. He/She/They will identify key areas for evaluation and will oversee the continual improvement of CollegeSpring’s performance management systems, data collection and analysis, and all internal and external evaluation efforts. We’re looking for someone that can use data in new ways to evolve and improve our program and our work at CollegeSpring. This is a role integral to CollegeSpring’s annual learning agenda and our core value of Learning Drives Us. This role will report directly to the Head of Programs and Impact. The position can be based out of any of CollegeSpring’s three offices in Oakland, CA; Los Angeles, CA; or New York, NY.
Analysis and Evaluation
- Manage all program data analysis and evaluation, including oversight of yearly learning agenda across the program, and partner with key staff to set yearly data and evaluation outcome goals.
- Oversee the use of evaluation as a tool in accomplishing program/project objectives and ensure that data is being collected accurately, analyzed appropriately and adapted as needed.
- Conduct data analysis to answer key questions of student and programmatic impact and implementation fidelity.
- Build new capability for the organization using predictive modeling and analytics.
- Assess all current tools and practices and work with Programs and Data Coordinator to design or modify specific data collection instruments such as surveys and interview guides for measuring impact to ensure cohesive, consistent, high-quality data collection and analysis.
- Prepare reports, presentations, and other print and electronic products using qualitative and quantitative data that make complex topics, data, and analysis understandable to a variety of audiences.
- Leverage data and current trends and topics to tell stories about CollegeSpring’s impact to a variety of external stakeholders.
- Oversee partner-level reporting process, including tools for program staff to use when sharing and completing local analysis.
- Develop a pilot framework and evaluation approach for CollegeSpring pilots and new programs.
Data Collection and Management
- Manage the Programs and Data Coordinator to oversee the day-to-day data collection process and systems for CollegeSpring, including Salesforce, student grading system, survey systems, and reporting tools.
- Lead on all district, school level, and partner data sharing agreements and collection processes, ensuring CollegeSpring is in compliance with all necessary local, state, and federal policies.
- Lead initiative to increase our data collection process to ensure more timely and representative data is collected from partners.
- Manage core metrics database and additional longitudinal data systems to ensure historical tracking is consistent and up to date.
Organizational Collaboration and Learning
- Partner with team members to develop dashboards, complete on-going data analysis, and support best practice development for our program and partnership work.
- Collaborate with Development and Communications team in writing, preparing, and reporting on proposals to fund or initiate research, evaluations, or special projects.
- Partner across the organization to support organization-wide learning initiatives and projects, serving as a data analysis lead for the organization.
- Coordinate with key operations staff on the improvement and refinement of the Salesforce database.
- Lead onboarding and on-going training sessions for staff related to program data analysis and evaluation.
- Promote a culture of reflection, learning, and data-based decision making among CollegeSpring staff and participants.
- Convene and facilitate cross-functional groups to interpret and examine data, make decisions, and move to action.
- Manage Programs and Data Coordinator.
Requirements and Technical Expertise
- Master’s degree required.
- 5 – 7 years of experience in program monitoring and evaluation. (Director-level role will be considered for those candidates with additional years of experience.)
- Advanced experience with Salesforce, PowerPoint, and Microsoft Excel.
- Intermediate expertise in statistics and statistical software (e.g., R, STATA, SPSS).
- Working knowledge of data visualization tools.
- Exceptional presentation and communication skills.
Skills and Other Attributes
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills; comfortable working with large quantities of data and able to quickly and accurately analyze results.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, the ability to deliver quantitative and qualitative data in a compelling way, and the ability to quickly research, synthesize and summarize key lessons.
- Ability to constructively express contrary points of view and seek consensus among strong, independent thinkers.
- Capacity to work independently while contributing to team projects.
- Effectively able to manage own work; consistently holds self to a standard of excellence and holds others on the team accountable for delivering high-quality work.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced and scaling organization, comfortable with ambiguity and change.
- Strong commitment to personal learning and growth and developing the skills of others across the team.
- Commitment to the mission and vision of CollegeSpring.
To apply, submit a resume and cover letter to [email protected]