At CollegeSpring we equip schools and teachers with the tools to help students confidently prepare for the SAT and ACT. These tests are a critical part of college admissions, and every student deserves a chance to prepare. Yet test prep courses and private tutoring are often costly or hard to access. Our programs reduce this inequity by bringing high quality test preparation into schools. We build Test Confidence™ by training, supporting, and providing ongoing coaching to teachers at our partner schools to deliver the CollegeSpring curriculum to their students. Since 2008, CollegeSpring has helped provide school-day test prep to over 30,000 students in the San Francisco Bay Area, Southern California, and New York; during the 2020-21 school year, CollegeSpring will launch programs serving every public high school in Detroit, MI.
ABOUT THIS ROLE
Reporting to the CEO, the Head of Partner Success sets the vision and strategy for CollegeSpring’s program implementation to schools, districts, and non-profit partners, and works to deliver it through our teams across different contexts. She/he/they will ensure strong alignment between our work and partner needs, with a focus on high-quality customer service and relationship management in service of long-term engagement and partnerships. She/he/they will lead a team and build strong systems, processes, and partner resources to ensure fidelity, consistency, and quality of program implementation, and partner with Head of Partnerships (sales) and Head of Programs & Impact (product) to deliver and translate CollegeSpring’s programs into successful on-the-ground implementation in various contexts and geographies.
This is a fantastic role for a leader who is excited to work collaboratively across programmatic teams, design and build out key systems and processes to implement and scale our program, and steward meaningful partner relationships.
We understand that some applicants will be stronger in certain elements of this role than in other areas. Don’t let that stop you from applying! We are committed to your development and growth.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
Design and build an effective, efficient, and scalable program implementation strategy and processes.
- Create Partner Engagement Strategy that retains existing partners and leads to multi-year, high-impact system-level partnerships.
- Design Program Implementation strategy, ensuring strong and engaged relationships with partners (i.e. high net promoter and renewal rates).
- Build both internal and external playbook for all components of program implementation including pre-launch, launch, onboarding, ongoing delivery, learning and evaluation, and renewals.
- Design implementation standards, processes, and tools to operationalize all strategies at scale, prioritizing automation, seamless communication, and overall efficiency.
- Continuously monitor quantitative and qualitative data to enhance program implementation and delivery, and drive accountability and quality control.
- Work in collaboration with team members to conceptualize the scope and contours of new partnerships, matching partners’ needs with our capacities and priorities.
- Deliver on and monitor KPIs around partner success.
- Formalize structured process for feedback and improvement loops based on partner and team input in order to continuously refine our program and services.
- Leverage and model use of Salesforce in support of making data-informed decisions.
Lead on all partner management, providing oversight for all District, School, and non-profit partners, overseeing planning, feedback, implementation, and renewal conversations and negotiations.
- Establish mutual goals and expectations with partners.
- Represent CollegeSpring by making connections within local school/CBO ecosystems.
- Oversee MOU, contract, payment and invoicing process to ensure CollegeSpring has a sustainable revenue flow.
- Lead on all renewal conversations with partners to secure ongoing partnership and commitments.
- Work to understand partner needs and values in oftentimes large, complex, and political systems and build deep knowledge of partners’ local educational landscape.
- Share insights and learnings with our partners on a regular basis.
- Use research and networking skills to identify emerging trends, news, and initiatives happening in partner districts or nationally to strengthen CollegeSpring partnerships.
Lead, manage, and guide a small team to achieve success in their individual roles and support the success of the larger organization.
- Optimize strong internal cross-functional collaboration to ensure implementation is in lock-step with Program & Impact Team and Sales Team.
- Support Instructional Coaches to provide coaching and support to partner teachers implementing the CollegeSpring program.
- Support Partner Success Managers to ensure the partner experience is consistently high-quality and smooth.
- Create and formalize structured process for feedback and improvement loops based on partner and team input in order to continuously refine our program and services.
- Contribute to annual planning, budgeting, goal-setting cycles for organization, and representation of team at Board meetings.
- Actively contribute to a culture of ongoing learning and improvement, ensuring team structures and processes enable this culture.
HOW YOU’LL DO IT
- Communication Skills: You have strong writing skills, an excellent attention to detail, and the ability to anticipate questions and needs of audiences. You inspire, influence, and motivate people to action, support decision making and build relationships. You support others in building their communications skills.
- Relationship Building & Management Skills: You have a deep curiosity in learning about people and their needs. You are able to effectively collaborate with a lot of different personalities, power structures, and varying priorities. Exhibiting a high degree of emotional intelligence and awareness of self and others, you are able to be a true thought partner to stakeholders and add value to relationships. You support others in their relationship building and management skills.
- Strategic Thinking & Planning Skills: You identify priorities, brainstorm possible paths, dig into the data, and chart a path forward. You use strategic thinking to create plans, budgets, etc. to make our priorities and goals actionable and help us drive toward impact-focused outcomes.
- Data Analysis & Management: You translate user experience findings into strategic recommendations network-wide. You look at data from multiple perspectives in order to communicate and contextualize the data within a larger story or narrative. You support others in their data analysis and management skills.
- People Management Skills: You are an avid leader of people. You believe in the power of high-functioning teams and you understand how to mobilize people and resources toward a goal. You convey confidence in others’ ability to be successful, especially at challenging new tasks. You delegate and empower others, and understand how to embody many leadership strategies: directing, coaching, etc.
- As a member of the Leadership Team, you balance organizational, departmental, personal, and external priorities. You balance the micro and the macro and are able to strongly advocate and share your point of view but also able to buy into and communicate organizational decisions (whether the two are aligned or not). You are a team player with a dedicated commitment to strengthening the organization. You approach problems with a sense of ownership and you lead with solutions. You act when there are gaps, overcoming ambiguity to lead with clarity and agency, and you have decision making skills and are able to assess when to act, even if information is missing.
Qualifications and Skills
You’ll be successful in this role if…
- Most importantly, you are aligned in thought and action with CollegeSpring’s core values:
- Excellence Is Our Standard. We believe in the potential of people, the power of ambitious goals, and supporting each other to achieve excellence.
- Learning Drives Us. Every day we learn, improve, adapt, and make the changes that propel our progress.
- Challenges Are Opportunities. A can-do attitude and growth mindset can move mountains.
- Relationships Fuel Impact. Accountability, trust, and communication are the cornerstones of the relationships, internal and external, which make our impact possible.
- Equity is Our Aim. We center historically marginalized perspectives and continuously eliminate disparities that affect us and our work.
- You are working to center diversity, equity and inclusion in your work and approach. You have difficult and effective conversations about race and equity while meeting someone where they are.
- You are skilled in building a web of relationships within schools, systems, and communities, from systems leaders to teachers, in service of enhancing partnerships at all levels.
- You have a passionate commitment to and a sense of urgency for the support of schools, along with a belief that all students can achieve at high levels; you believe in the power of formative assessment, coaching, and professional development as critical levers in school improvement.
- You know how to establish trust and build authentic relationships quickly in ways that engage, grow perspectives, build advocates and drive action.
- You navigate bureaucratic environments masterfully, being consistent and persistent while balancing our relationship with stakeholders with the needs of the organization.
- You are skilled at individualizing your approach across stakeholders.
- You can seamlessly navigate a matrixed organization, and like a fast-paced, ever-changing environment.
- Prior partnership development experience with school districts and public schools preferred. While not required, previous experience in Sales is a plus.
DETAILS ABOUT THE ROLE
- Compensation for this role is competitive and in alignment with senior program leaders in major U.S. markets. We will share the details of compensation for this role in initial conversations.
- This role reports directly to Yoon Choi, CEO, and works collaboratively with all members of the Leadership team, in particular the Head of Partnerships and Head of Programs & Impact. This role will also manage a team of 3-4 team members who are Instructional Coaches and Partner Success Managers.
- Compensation includes a generous benefits package including health, dental, vision, retirement plan, and paid vacation/sick leave.
- CollegeSpring is committed to providing flexible working arrangements for parents, caregivers, and all team members, particularly given the ongoing pandemic.
- This role is remote and can be done anywhere in the U.S.
- We are actively working to build a diverse team; people of color, people from working class backgrounds, LGBTQ folks, and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate based upon gender, race, national origin, disability, age, religion, sexual orientation, or gender expression.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please send the following to [email protected]. The position will remain open until filled, though we encourage you to apply as soon as possible.
- Cover Letter
- Please include “Head of Partner Success” in the subject line.
- Note: While we appreciate transparency, please do not include compensation history in your cover letter. We want to compensate you fairly for the role, not based on your compensation history, as part of our efforts to create as inclusive of a hiring process as possible.