Location: Santa Ana, CA
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
We are searching for a dynamic educator or pair of educators who will join our team as Instructors in Orange County for the school year. The instructor will have the option of teaching all content sessions (reading, writing, and math) or specializing in math or reading/writing. If specializing, you will be switching off teaching every other week.
Instructors are at the front lines of our program and work in the classroom providing direct instruction to high school juniors. They guide students through the SAT exam and build students’ confidence and motivation.
Staff will have the opportunity to partake in professional and career development and have fun while working to make college a reality for our high school students, many of whom will be the first in their families to go to college. The CollegeSpring position requires a part-time commitment for the duration of the program. Instructors must have teaching/tutoring experience or hold a valid California teaching credential.
Time: 4-7:30pm Tuesday; 4-7:30pm Wednesday; 4-7:30pm Thursday; 4-5:45 pm Friday
Location: Various Sites in Santa Ana
- Lead groups of approximately 30-35 students (180 total) after school in SAT Writing, Critical Reading, and/or Math instruction.
- Help students navigate the college admissions process and how the SAT affects it (covering topics such as understanding eligibility indexes, goal setting, etc.).
- Prepare lessons and activities to deliver CollegeSpring curriculum.
- Use student data to improve students’ SAT scores.
- Act as a role model for CollegeSpring‘s high school students.
- Must be available for full-year of programming (October-May) and several training sessions.
- Must pass a criminal background check and TB test.
QUALITIES OF SUCCESSFUL COLLEGESPRING INSTRUCTORS
- Belief that all students are capable of success on the SAT and gaining admission to college.
- Ability to explain concepts and processes in different ways to ensure student understanding.
- Strong organization and time-management skills.
- Enjoy meeting new people and making meaningful connections.
- Effective communication skills.
- Previous SAT prep experience is not required.
Instructors will be paid $15-25/hour based on previous experience and credentials.
We go to great lengths to ensure that our staff has a positive and productive work environment and experience. To that end, CollegeSpring provides:
- Opportunities to meet education and nonprofit leaders.
- Social events with other educators and undergraduates.
- Collaborative, good-humored, hardworking staff-mates who share the goal of building the best SAT prep and college readiness program possible.