CollegeSpring is looking to hire a Manager of Human Resources and Operations who will build strong foundational HR practices and policies within the organization to facilitate rapid scaling and efficiency. In this role you will be responsible for a wide range of Human Resources activities including, but not limited to administration of payroll and benefits, timekeeping, compensation and employee records management. You will help CollegeSpring scale by building processes that meet our business objectives, ensure compliance, and maximize our staff time. The Manager of Human Resources and Operations will help establish an operating rhythm for CollegeSpring to ensure that the HR operations and systems are running effectively and efficiently to meet our goals and objectives.
- Administer and run payroll ensuring accuracy of payroll deductions and PTO accruals, running related reports, mailing checks, etc.
- Administer benefits including serving as the main point of contact for staff on benefits-related questions and manage open enrollment
- Oversee and manage new hire HR paperwork and on-boarding process through HR system including background checks/fingerprinting, if applicable
- Ensure compliance with local and federal human resources regulations
- Manage and administer HR system including serving as main point of contact to staff for personnel information/questions and usage of HR system
- Work with hiring managers to facilitate recruitment efforts including updating job descriptions, posting new positions and scheduling interviews
- Support Finance & Ops team with internal and external audits (workers comp, 403b and financial audits) as needed
- Facilitate employee relations conversations of a sensitive nature helping to resolve conflicts or disputes
- Assume primary responsibility for operations support including, but not limited to ensuring the working order of office spaces; managing mail, ordering supplies; etc.
- Oversee all vendor management including monitoring contracts and renewals
- Manage office moves, and purchase and layout of furniture
- Serve as the primary liaison between CollegeSpring and management of rented office spaces
- Assist in coordinating the logistics of seasonal staff trainings and retreats, including identifying venue, ordering meals, transporting materials to sites, and communicating with staff on logistics
- Serve as point person for administrative projects as needed
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Working knowledge of office productivity software (MS Office Suite) required
- 3-5 years of Human Resources work experience
- Knowledge of employee relations and federal and local regulations
- Experience with payroll systems preferred
- Experience in customer service or account management is a plus
- Detail-oriented, effective multi-tasker who can oversee multiple projects and handle a dynamic work schedule
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise good judgement especially when dealing with sensitive information
- Comfortable working in a flexible, fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
To apply, please send a thoughtful cover letter and resume to Neha Bajaj at [email protected].