Location: New York, NY
The Partnership Associate’s primary role and responsibility is to support the Partnerships team with managing projects, creating processes, and developing tools to aid in CollegeSpring’s path towards scale. You are strategic and love solving problems. You have a high attention to detail, are proactive with communication and coordination, and like managing multiple projects at once. You also enjoy collaborating with others and gathering input in a matrixed organization.
- Standardize and document partnership and implementation processes, and create a portal to house and organize tools, templates, and resources.
- Support national revenue and growth initiatives by developing and managing project plans, and providing ongoing tactical support.
- Identify and research best practices across markets and schools to find efficiencies and improve implementation.
- Assist in the creation of new sales collateral and presentation decks.
- Manage conference planning and logistics.
- Update our Customer Relationship Management platform (Salesforce), and create reports to track progress against yearly targets and Key Performance Indicators.
- Put together partner proposals and contracts.
- Participate in Partnerships growth strategy meetings.
- Collaborate with the Partnership Success Team on implementation best practices and challenges, and coordinate monthly meetings.
- Work closely with the Head of Partnerships to support strategic initiatives, new opportunities, and ongoing projects.
- Communicate with Programs and Impact and Instructional Success teams on joint priorities, including data analysis and training.
The Ideal Candidate will demonstrate the following:
- Mission and values-driven: You hold a passionate commitment to and a sense of urgency for the support of schools, along with a belief that all students can achieve at high levels. You are motivated by working in an environment where we live out our core values daily.
- Strategic thinker: You are self-organized and can strategically plan and prioritize your time aligned to highest-impact projects to achieve individual and organizational goals.
- Learner: You like learning new things on the job, and can enthusiastically contribute to a professional learning community.
- Relationships: You excel at relationship-building, and are effective at collaborating with others. You are great at gathering input, and have taken on leadership and participation in a wide range of professional development activities.
- Operations: You care about the details, and are great at solving problems.
- Adaptability: You can seamlessly navigate a matrixed organization, and like a fast-paced, ever-changing environment. You are comfortable shifting focus to meet the needs and priorities of the organization.
- Positivity: Colleagues enjoy working with you, you see challenges as opportunities, and you bring a great energy to the office.
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- At least 2-4 years relevant experience .
- Experience building tools, decks, plans, and resources to support growth initiatives.
- Demonstrated success working in a fast-paced, team-based, and rapidly changing environment. Experience working with a remote team or matrixed organization a plus.
- Excellent project management, time management, and organizational skills.
- Detail-oriented with the ability to manage and execute multiple priorities with tight timelines and minimal guidance.
- Strong communications skills (written/verbal) and interpersonal skills are a must.
- Committed to continuous learning and development.
- Prior experience with Salesforce and G-Suite is a plus.