CollegeSpring is looking for motivated young adults to join our Young Professionals Board and support CollegeSpring through fundraising, volunteering, and expanding its network of young professionals.
CollegeSpring was founded on the belief that a higher SAT or ACT score is one of the most powerful
ways for a student to boost their college prospects. To this end, CollegeSpring partners with schools and their teachers to make high-quality SAT and ACT preparation a reality for every student.
Purpose of the Young Professionals Board (“YPB”)
The CollegeSpring YPB is a group of motivated young adults committed to supporting CollegeSpring
through fundraising, volunteering, and expanding its network of young professionals. The YPB will work together to increase awareness of CollegeSpring and the test prep and college access gaps – particularly through supporters in the 20-40 age range.
Benefits of Service
CollegeSpring’s Young Professionals Board provides social, professional, and service opportunities for individuals interested in developing their network and skills. Board members may enjoy a wide range of benefits and opportunities, including:
● Networking with other like-minded young professionals at CollegeSpring events and social gatherings
● Interacting with the staff and Board of Directors of CollegeSpring
● Understanding structural inequalities in education and test preparation and developing leadership skills and resources to enact change
Leadership and Sub-Committees
● Co-Chairs: The Co-Chairs will have broad oversight of the YPB and the other committees. They will hold themselves and others accountable for the goals and expectations of the board
● Membership: Coordinates the YPB memberships by connecting with potential members and conducting interviews
● Events: Leads the YPB event planning efforts
● Marketing: Builds awareness for CollegeSpring by marketing events and engaging with the community through networking, social media, and other outlets
● Serve a term of at least 1 year with the option to extend annually beyond that
● Consistent attendance and participation in quarterly meetings, either in-person or over the phone
● Serve on at least one committee, task force, or event planning group
● Develop and conduct activities that will introduce and engage new contacts (individuals, partners, corporations, etc.) to CollegeSpring’s work
● Plan, market, and execute events hosted by the YPB. Generate attendance among personal and professional network for events
● Give/Get: $500 annually, whether through fundraising or personal donation
● Currently in their 20s or 30s
● Undergraduate degree
● Service-oriented (as demonstrated by a prior history of volunteer experience or leadership experience)
● Willingness and desire to work collaboratively with other Junior Board members and CollegeSpring staff
● Excellent planning skills and follow through
● Reliable and motivated self-starter possessing strong leadership abilities
● Passion for CollegeSpring and its mission to make high-quality test preparation a reality for every student – not a privilege for a select few
How to Apply
If you are interested in this volunteer opportunity, please tell us about yourself here, by April 30, and we’ll reach out directly with next steps as applicable.