Director of Partnerships (Sales) – Full Time, Remote
CollegeSpring is a 501(C)(3) nonprofit organization that equips schools and teachers with the tools to help students confidently prepare for the SAT, TSIA2, and ACT. These tests are a critical part of college admissions, and every student deserves a chance to prepare. Yet test prep courses and private tutoring are often costly or hard to access. Our programs reduce this inequity by bringing high quality test preparation into schools. We build Test Confidence™ by training, supporting, and providing ongoing coaching to teachers at our partner schools to deliver the CollegeSpring curriculum to their students. Since 2008, CollegeSpring has helped provide school-day test prep to over 40,000 students across the country and we have an ambitious goal to serve 62,000 more students from FY23-FY25.
ABOUT THIS ROLE
You are a proven sales leader who is passionate about making a difference in student lives. You create a positive and high-energy selling environment. You are a leader who helps shape the initial stages of the partner experience, you know how to deliver value during the sales process and build trust between sales and the educators we serve. You are a motivating sales leader who has a proven track record of exceeding sales targets and key performance metrics.
Reporting to the Chief Growth Officer, this role is responsible for delivering fee for services revenue based on the organization’s strategic plan. This requires strategic thinking and collaboration to inform organization-wide planning. As the Director of Partnerships, you will be both a sales leader, who supervises a small sales team, and an individual contributor, who will own a territory and will be responsible for new business. You will lead CollegeSpring’s growth efforts by developing and executing strategy for new products, managing the sales pipeline, coaching team members with their prospecting efforts, and planning for growth and renewals for current accounts.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
Revenue Generation and Partnership Development
- Serve as a both a team leader and a direct contributor to sales, actively prospecting and generating new business while effectively managing sales team to achieve or exceed monthly, quarterly and annual sales goals
- Research, model, evaluate, and plan for new growth opportunities, staying abreast of key industry trends and new revenue opportunities
- Collaborate with the Marketing and Communications Manager to help develop sales collateral, concept strategy documents, and formalized business plans
- Accurately set goals and forecast sales
- Provide input on product, target markets, marketing, promotions and pricing
- Collaborate with the Technical Systems Administrator to monitor and track CRM utilization (Salesforce)
- Maintain transparency of sales performance, pipeline and organization
- Recruit, hire, train, coach and motivate the sales team
- Demonstrate sales leadership through account and opportunity specific guidance and team selling
- Directly manage CEO/CGO generated opportunities/relationships and strategic accounts
- Establish territory plans and outline conference presence and submit presentation and exhibition proposals. Attending, virtually and in person, conferences and events to help build pipeline and establish CollegeSpring
- Develop prescriptive and creative prospecting plans that follow K12 sales best practices
- Work with CGO to develop and execute a high-achieving sales strategy and execution plan
- Provide quarterly updates, revisions, and modifications to the plan
- Effectively respond to RFPs, and manage contract process with districts
Leadership and Collaboration
- Collaborate with department leads to inform product development, program implementation, marketing and communications, and fundraising
- Work closely with the Partner Success Team to manage partner expectations and ensure seamless handoffs
HOW YOU’LL DO IT
- Mission and values-driven: You hold a passionate commitment to and a sense of urgency for the support of teachers, along with a belief that all students can achieve at high levels. You are motivated by working in an environment where we live out our core values daily.
- Communication: You are comfortable drafting communication in others voices. You have the ability to anticipate questions and needs of audiences. You are able to leverage communication to inspire, influence, drive people to action, support decision making and build relationships. You have the ability to support others in building their communications skills.
- Problem Solving: You are able to leverage others thoughts and expertise in order to problem solve collaboratively and view an issue holistically. You are leaning into the challenges as opportunities and proactively seeking out problems to solve. You are able to look at situations from multiple viewpoints and identify potential pitfalls or challenges early on and provide possible solutions. You have the ability to support others in building their problem-solving skills. You have the commitment to not resting on how things have always been done. You have the ability to experiment, fail fast, and iterate.
- Relationships: You have a deep curiosity in learning about people and their needs. Interpersonal and adaptable skills to navigate a lot of different personalities, power structures, and varying priorities. You have the ability to be aware of yourself, and regulate emotions, as well as being able to understand other people’s emotions when displayed. You are able to be a true thought partner with stakeholders and add value to relationships. You have the ability to support others in their relationship building and management skills.
- Data Analysis: You are able to translate user experience findings into strategic recommendations network-wide. You are able to look at data from multiple perspectives in order to communicate a larger story or narrative. You are able to contextualize data within the larger narrative and story. You are able to support others in their data analysis and management skills.
- Collaboration: You have an awareness of when to lean in and step back, when to leverage expertise of self and others. You have the ability to mine for and manage conflict and debate. You have a commitment to accountability in the process of collaboration. You have the ability to support others in their collaboration skills.
- Project Management: You have a strong command and management of stakeholder roles in project completion and sign off. You have the ability to prioritize communication of the project and work with a broader stakeholder group as a part of overall project planning. You have the ability to manage up, down and across the organization. You have the ability to manage a project in a timely way that stays under budget. You have the ability to support others in their project management skills.
- Leadership: You have the ability to inspire others. You lead by example. You manage self and department to find solutions to organizational challenges.
- Strategic Thinking & Planning: You anticipate opportunities and challenges and utilize that knowledge to guide the organization.
- People Management and Empowering Others: You take a people centered approach to achieving goals and outcomes. You have a strong commitment to giving feedback in a compassionate, honest and actionable way and to receive feedback in an open way. You are able to meet direct reports where they are at and leverage multiple management styles to ensure everyone is reaching their potential.
Experience and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree required, advanced degree is preferred
- 5+ years direct sales experience, including a highly consultative sales approach
- Deep understanding of, and network within, the K12 education space in Texas or Michigan
- Prior experience in test preparation and college preparation/access space is a plus
- Demonstrated ability to use sales data to improve processes and performance
- High degree of professionalism, strong communication and interpersonal skills (verbal, written and presentation)
- Comfort with small, growth-oriented environment
- Expert skills in prospecting and generating qualified leads, including using telephone and email, hosting virtual lunch and learn events, and through facilitating web meetings
- Experienced in new business development with a consistent track record of new business wins
- Ability to manage time and prioritize multiple responsibilities
- Proficient in the use of a database CRM tool, Salesforce preferred
- Must be a positive, can-do person, and be adaptable to change in an environment similar to a start-up (high growth, high change)
DETAILS ABOUT THE ROLE
- This role is remote within the United States with the majority of the time working from a home office, but travel up to 25% of the time may be required during certain times of the year.
- Must be able to stand or sit for prolonged periods.
- Must be able to lift/ carry/ transport educational or promotional materials and/or equipment weighing up to 50lbs.
- Compensation includes a generous benefits package including health, dental, vision, life, and disability insurances, medical and dependent care reimbursement accounts, a 403(b)-retirement plan with employer match, 21 paid days of holidays/office closures/recharge days, 15 days paid time off (in year 1), 2 paid volunteer days, paid family leave, and a monthly work from home stipend.
- We are actively working to build a diverse team; people of color, people from working class backgrounds, LGBTQ folks, and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
- We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate based upon gender, race, national origin, disability, age, religion, sexual orientation, or gender expression.
- This is not necessarily an all–inclusive list of job–related responsibilities, duties, requirements or working conditions. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed as assigned.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please click on this link. The position will remain open until filled.