At CollegeSpring we equip schools and teachers with the tools to help students confidently prepare for the SAT and ACT. These tests are a critical part of college admissions, and every student deserves a chance to prepare. Yet test prep courses and private tutoring are often costly or hard to access. Our programs reduce this inequity by bringing high quality test preparation into schools. We build Test Confidence™ by training, supporting, and providing ongoing coaching to teachers at our partner schools to deliver the CollegeSpring curriculum to their students. Since 2008, CollegeSpring has helped provide school-day test prep to over 30,000 students in the San Francisco Bay Area, Southern California, and New York; during the 2020-21 school year, CollegeSpring launched programs serving every public high school in Detroit, MI.
ABOUT THIS ROLE
Reporting to the Head of Partnerships, the Director of Partnerships’ primary responsibility is to grow CollegeSpring’s programs in districts, schools, and nonprofits, helping CollegeSpring increase its sustainability and scale. You excel at cultivating and developing relationships with partners, and collaborate effectively with others in a matrixed organization. You are a team player, and are driven by ambitious, measurable goals. You are strategic and creative, and love to solve problems. You have a strong attention to detail, are proactive with communication, and thrive when managing multiple projects at once.
This is a fantastic role for a salesperson who is excited to enter and grow new markets to increase our scale, measure our progress through new metrics and processes, and collaborate to build strong relationships that set up the organization for future growth.
We understand that some applicants will be stronger in certain elements of this role than in other areas. Don’t let that stop you from applying! We are committed to your development and growth.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
Generate new partnerships with schools and districts to help drive CollegeSpring’s expansion into new markets.
- Prospect, research, develop, and secure new partnerships with districts, schools, and local nonprofits in the South, West, and Northeast regions, with a focus on Texas, Florida, Connecticut, and Colorado.
- Secure pilot programs in new markets, and work closely with program teams to expand pilots to grow CollegeSpring’s network.
- Exceed sales and other key growth and retention targets, measured quarterly and yearly.
- Creatively work with school and district leaders to understand their needs and adapt programming while adhering to CollegeSpring program fidelity guidelines.
- Create and negotiate partner proposals, contracts, and RFP responses.
Build internal and external relationships that lead to positive partner outcomes.
For context, the Partnerships team works with our two programmatic teams (Programs and Impact and Partner Success, who design and implement our programs).
- Strategize on, support, and manage renewals with the Partner Success team
- Manage a large portfolio of current and new clients, and develop relationships where CollegeSpring is seen as a trusted thought partner, and not just a service provider.
- Collaborate with the Partner Success Manager and Instructional Coaches for seamless handoffs in service delivery.
- Contribute to implementation best practices with the Head of Partner Success.
- Work closely with the Head of Partnerships to support strategic initiatives, new opportunities, and ongoing projects.
- Communicate with Programs and Impact team on joint priorities, including data analysis and training.
Support internal sales operations to track progress and drive efficiencies.
- Support Head of Partnerships in developing growth strategy into new markets and distribution channels by managing project plans and providing ongoing tactical support.
- Assist in the creation of new sales collateral and presentation decks.
- Regularly update our Customer Relationship Management platform (Salesforce), and create reports to track progress against yearly metrics.
- Support sales operations tasks and projects, including refining sales metrics, reporting, and process improvements.
HOW YOU’LL DO IT
- Communication: You have compelling writing skills, an excellent attention to detail, and the ability to anticipate questions and needs of different audiences who have different needs. You inspire, influence, and motivate people to action, support decision making and build trusting, transformational relationships internally and externally.
- Relationship Building: You have a deep curiosity in learning about people and their needs. You are able to effectively collaborate with a lot of people and institutions with different cultures, power structures, and varying priorities. Exhibiting a high degree of emotional intelligence and awareness of self and others, you are able to be a true thought partner to stakeholders and add value to relationships.
- Strategic Thinking & Planning: In a relationship-based sales context, you identify priorities, brainstorm possible paths, dig into the data, and chart a path forward. You use strategic thinking to create sales plans and target outreach to help us drive toward impact-focused outcomes.
- Data Analysis & Management: You translate user experience findings into strategic recommendations network-wide. You look at data from multiple perspectives in order to communicate and contextualize the data within a larger story or narrative. You use quantitative and qualitative data to measure progress to goals, and help potential partners understand the impact of CollegeSpring.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
You’ll be successful in this role if…
- Most importantly, you are aligned in thought and action with CollegeSpring’s core values:
- Excellence Is Our Standard. We believe in the potential of people, the power of ambitious goals, and supporting each other to achieve excellence.
- Learning Drives Us. Every day we learn, improve, adapt, and make the changes that propel our progress.
- Challenges Are Opportunities. A can-do attitude and growth mindset can move mountains.
- Relationships Fuel Impact. Accountability, trust, and communication are the cornerstones of the relationships, internal and external, which make our impact possible.
- Equity is Our Aim. We center historically marginalized perspectives and continuously eliminate disparities that affect us and our work.
- You are working to center diversity, equity and inclusion in your work and approach. You have difficult and effective conversations about race and equity while meeting someone where they are.
- You are skilled in building a web of relationships within schools, systems, and communities, from systems leaders to teachers, in service of enhancing partnerships at all levels.
- You know how to establish trust and build authentic relationships quickly in ways that engage, grow perspectives, build advocates and drive action.
- You navigate bureaucratic environments masterfully, being consistent and persistent while balancing our relationships with stakeholders with the needs of the organization.
- You are skilled at individualizing your approach across stakeholders.
- You can seamlessly navigate a matrixed organization, and like a fast-paced, ever-changing environment.
- Prior partnership development experience with school districts and public schools preferred. While not required, previous experience in Sales is a plus.
DETAILS ABOUT THE ROLE
- Compensation for this role is competitive and in alignment with nonprofit roles in major U.S. markets. We will share the details of compensation for this role in initial conversations.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- This role reports directly to Cailin Papszycki, Head of Partnerships, and works collaboratively with all members of the organization, in particular the Programs and Impact and Partner Success teams.
- Compensation includes a generous benefits package including health, dental, vision, retirement plan, and paid vacation/sick leave.
- CollegeSpring is committed to providing flexible working arrangements for parents, caregivers, and all team members, particularly given the ongoing pandemic.
- This role is remote and can be done anywhere in the U.S., with a preference towards candidates with experience working with schools and districts in Texas, Florida, and/or Colorado.
- We are actively working to build a diverse team; people of color, people from working class backgrounds, LGBTQ folks, and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate based upon gender, race, national origin, disability, age, religion, sexual orientation, or gender.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please send the following to [email protected] The position will remain open until filled, though we encourage you to apply as soon as possible. We will begin reviewing applications in early January 2021.
- Cover Letter
- Please include “Director of Partnerships” in the subject line.
- Note: While we appreciate transparency, please do not include compensation history in your cover letter. We want to compensate you fairly for the role, not based on your compensation history, as part of our efforts to create as inclusive of a hiring process as possible.