At CollegeSpring we equip schools and teachers with the tools to help students confidently prepare for the SAT and ACT. These tests are a critical part of college admissions, and every student deserves a chance to prepare. Yet test prep courses and private tutoring are often costly or hard to access. Our programs reduce this inequity by bringing high-quality test preparation into schools. We build Test Confidence™ by training, supporting, and providing ongoing coaching to teachers at our partner schools to deliver the CollegeSpring curriculum to their students. Since 2008, CollegeSpring has helped provide school-day test prep to over 30,000 students in the San Francisco Bay Area, Southern California, Michigan and New York. We are preparing to launch services in Texas.
ABOUT THIS ROLE
CollegeSpring is looking to hire a Human Resources and Operations Coordinator who will support day-to-day HR and organizational operations including, but not limited to, administration of payroll and benefits, compensation and employee records management, recruiting, the compilation of State/Federal reporting, and various other administrative duties.
As the HR and Operations Coordinator, you will play an integral role in the organization’s long-term growth by supporting the Human Resources function. This is a fantastic opportunity for an individual who is eager to take on the full scope of HR responsibilities and make a big impact. The ideal candidate enjoys a role with a variety of responsibilities, thrives at relationship building, can see a situation from multiple angles, and recognizes the critical role of HR in an organization’s success. You are organized, detail-oriented, and focus on building better processes along the way. You are a “doer” and love to solve problems. You excel at time management, are proactive with communication, and thrive when managing multiple projects at once.
- Performs customer service functions, answering employee requests and questions in a timely manner
- Administer and run bi-weekly payroll, ensuring the accuracy of payroll data (compensation, deductions, and PTO accruals, etc.), running-related reports, monitoring State tax set-up, etc.
- Administer employee benefits including serving as the main point of contact for staff on benefits-related questions, facilitating open enrollment, managing information in the payroll system, processing enrollments and terminations on carrier’s websites, and reconciling benefits invoices monthly
- Process incoming forms and requests for unemployment insurance, employment verification, disability insurance, etc. in a timely manner
- Send new hire HR paperwork and manage the on-boarding process through the HR system including background checks/fingerprinting, if applicable
- Maintain employee personnel files
- Partner with hiring managers to facilitate recruitment efforts including maintaining the applicant tracking system (ATS), updating job descriptions, posting new positions, scheduling interviews and conducting initial phone screenings, and drafting offer letters
- Coordinate the process and prepare reports related to personnel activities including periodic staff surveys, annual performance evaluations, org-wide professional development, etc.
- Support Finance & Operations team with internal and external audits (workers comp, 403b, and financial audits) as needed
- Maintain and update the employee handbook
- Compile and monitor HR metrics, evaluating performance against established goals
- Support people and culture initiatives
- Provide administrative support through drafting and formatting minutes, memos, and reports
- Support Director of Finance and Operations with various responsibilities including laptop setups, software administration (Google, Dropbox, Zoom, etc.), vendor outreach, and logging invoices and checks
- Monitor the shared accounting and HR emails, route incoming emails appropriately
- Assist in coordinating the logistics of annual staff retreats, including identifying venue, ordering meals, transporting materials to sites, and communicating with staff on logistics
- Maintain computer inventory log
- Serve as point person for administrative projects as needed
HOW YOU’LL DO IT
- Mission and values-driven: You hold a passionate commitment to and a sense of urgency for the support of teachers, along with a belief that all students can achieve at high levels. You are motivated by working in an environment where we live out our core values daily.
- Communication: You have strong written, verbal, and non-verbal communication skills. You have the ability to share ideas and information in a concise, compelling, clear, and thoughtful way. You are able to break down complex ideas in a way people will understand. You are able to translate opaque information (numbers, data, and concepts) into stories or narratives. You ask questions that maximize information gathering.
- Problem Solving: You have the ability to break down a problem and understand immediate, mid, and long-term solutions. You have a commitment to solving the heart of the issue and not just the symptoms. You have the ability to foresee upcoming challenges and work to avoid them. You have the ability to be creative with limited resources. You use data to inform the next steps and decision-making.
- Relationships: You are able to anticipate the needs of people and proactively act. Ability to respond to stakeholders in an empathetic and compassionate way that values the relationship. You are able to build strong internal relationships. Ability to empathize and see others’ perspectives.
- Data Analysis: Ability to interpret numbers, reports, data, and trends and use that to inform decisions, program improvements, and communication. Ability to find trends in data and translate those trends into strategic recommendations.
- Collaboration: Strong respect for different thoughts and opinions when approaching a project. Ability to fill in the gaps and highlight areas that others may have missed. Ability to communicate with different people and teams and manage communication from others – all while committed to a shared outcome.
- Project Management: Ability to tackle projects in order of importance, weighing organizational and stakeholder needs. Sound judgment and trustworthy decision-making processes. Ability to balance multiple projects at once. Understand and able to navigate competing priorities. Ability to be a part of a larger project and understand your work’s impact on others.
- 2+ years of Human Resources work experience
- The ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise good judgment especially when dealing with sensitive information is a must
- Working knowledge of Google Suite
- Experience with payroll systems preferred (Paycom a plus!)
- Demonstrated success with customer service
- Detail-oriented, effective multi-tasker who can oversee multiple projects and ability to be flexible across time zones
DETAILS ABOUT THE ROLE
- Compensation for this role is competitive and in alignment with nonprofit roles in major U.S. markets. We will share the details of compensation for this role in initial conversations.
- Compensation includes a generous benefits package including health, dental, vision, life, STD, LTD, retirement plan, and PTO/holidays.
- CollegeSpring is committed to providing flexible working arrangements for parents, caregivers, and all team members, particularly given the ongoing pandemic.
- This role is remote and can be done anywhere in the U.S.
- We are actively working to build a diverse team; people of color, people from working-class backgrounds, LGBTQ folks, and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate based upon gender, race, national origin, disability, age, religion, sexual orientation, or gender. We encourage you to review our anti-racism stance.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please click on this link.